Saturday, October 12, 2013

What a significant day...

God continues to reveal Himself and His plan.  Watching each detail unfold before my eyes is a constant affirmation that what we are doing is ALL part of what God had planned for us long ago.  Like He just reminded me  in my quiet time this morning, He  is "Author of world history and the Author of your own personal history." (Blackaby)  He knows the plans He has for us.  (Jeremiah 29:11)

Almost 10 years ago, Jason and I prayed through starting a landscape business and it came to pass.  As the last documents were just signed and I watched the truck & trailer pull away, I am again overwhelmed with all that God is doing and going to do in our family.  Overwhelmed with joy, overwhelmed with sadness but most importantly overwhelmed with peace.  A peace that certainly surpasses all of my understanding.  But that's what we are promised and My God is most faithful.  

Just as we prayed to start the business, we prayed about selling the business.  God had clearly taken Jason's passion for it, He was giving him a passion for His work.  I cannot explain how thankful I am that Jeremy contacted Jason and the two of them formed a quick friendship.  Just sharing with his family today, God truly does orchestrate our steps and guides us in His timing. This was the right time for Jason to let go and the right time for Jeremy to grab hold.  I'm most thankful to know that God will use it as a blessing for Jeremy's family.  That was our prayer as we sought a buyer and again, My God is faithful.  

A lot of this is uncertainty.  Most of what we are preparing for is unknown.   We know that in just 8 days we will also be pulling away, sure of where we are going but not sure of what God is doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment