Monday, November 18, 2013

...give me Your eyes.


With each new day, there could come a new challenge.  The calling has been placed and we respond in simple obedience.  We want to be broken and poured out, used for Jesus.  Clean vessels, listening and making the most of every opportunity.  We continue to pray that the people of Cochrane be broken for Jesus!!   
Anytime we answer God's call on our lives, we pray and listen for His direction.  He will call us out of our comfort zones and to go beyond our biggest fears.  We must continue to take those steps of faith.  Faith is believing, not seeing.  Jason and I want, whole heartedly, to be intentional about every step and every encounter.  Even blind with our own eyes knowing that He has given us His eyes, even if it's just for one second.  Even when we're not "comfortable".
Yesterday's appointment left my heart sad.  I found a new "friend" through a mom's Facebook page here in town.  She and I had previously met and she stopped over yesterday about an order for a few Christmas Scentsy bars.  Ending the conversation, I simply invited her to our ladies Bible Study that we are fixing to begin.  Her quick response is where I found sadness and a sense of urgency.  She said "I am not a spiritual person, but I'll be happy to let others in my neighbourhood know."  I will see her again and made arrangements before this came up.  I will have more opportunity to be with her, more time for Jesus to make an impact in her life.  Pray I make much of Him, even when it gets hard.  Even if I'm out if my comfort zone.  Please pray for Christine.  She needs my Jesus and I know He had a plan for our paths crossing.  I know He has a plan for her.
Please pray for the ladies Bible Study that will begin in our home this week. Pray for Light to shine so bright, others around would be drawn in.  Pray for salvation needs that only He is aware of.  Pray that we continue to see with His eyes.  He knows where there is true need.  

1 comment:

  1. I will be praying for your friend Christine and for your bible study group! As one who has been greatly blessed by your bible studies, I know those women are in for some wonderful fellowship; fellowship that will bring them closer to Jesus!

    ReplyDelete