As we begin to celebrate such a special time of the year I can't help but feel the blessings through my bit of sadness. So many new things to get accustomed to, new traditions to make, ...and I'm totally a "traditions" girl, new and different reasons to feel joyful and certainly many reasons to pour out praises to The One whom we should give ALL our thanks.
I am most grateful for my salvation. I am a yucky sinner saved by grace and I can never be more thankful than knowing that Jesus took my sin debt to the cross and today stands as my righteousness before our holy God! He has brought me out of my own messiness many times and continues to shape me and grow me into what He desires me to be. I am beyond thankful to have a wonderful husband that loves Jesus and has put himself and our family in the centre of God's will. I am thankful for two of the most precious blessings, Hayden & Gracie. I am thankful for my extended family who do so much for us, none of which goes un-noticed. I am beyond thankful for girlfriends that stand by me, forgetting the fact I'm thousands of miles away. FaceTimes, texts, prayers and calls.. they mean more than anyone could imagine. I am so thankful for Vertical Church. The leadership, the passion to share Jesus and the friendships that have welcomed us in with open arms! I pray that we take nothing for granted.
As we spend this Thanksgiving so physically far from people that are closest to our hearts, we trust and hold on to the fact that God's plans are greater than ours. He needs us here. Someone here is crying out. Someone is in need of salvation. They need, in their life, the greatest reason to be forever thankful. Lord, continue to give us ears to hear.
No comments:
Post a Comment